Wednesday, May 15, 2013
Peanut Butter Banana & Nutella Popsicles
Ever since making these Nutella mini pies, I have become a big fan of bananas and Nutella together. I have always loved bananas and peanut butter, so I figured why not combine all three of them together? Well friends, that's just what I did and yes, it was totally delicious (as if there was any doubt).
I like to think these popsicles are somewhat healthy because the base is frozen bananas and yogurt. Any vanilla yogurt would work fine, but keep in mind if the yogurt is kinda tangy, the popsicles won't be as sweet. I used Trader Joe's vanilla yogurt and was really happy with the result.
Banana Chocolate & Nutella Popsicles
2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon Nutella
splash of milk
1. Peel and dice bananas, place on plate and freeze for approximately 2-3 hours.
2. Place half of frozen bananas in blender, then add 1/3 cup of yogurt. Blend until smooth, adding a splash of milk if mixture is too thick to blend. Place remaining bananas back into freezer.
3. Fill popsicle mold halfway with banana/yogurt mixture and place in freezer. Let sit for about 30 minutes.
4. Blend remaining bananas with 1/3 yogurt, Nutella and peanut butter. Add a splash of milk if necessary. Fill popsicle mold to the top with this mixture, add sticks and place back into freezer. Let freeze for about 4 hours.
5. When you're ready to eat, run popsicle mold under hot water for about 30 seconds and gently pull popsicle out.
**If you want to make things easy, you could mix all ingredients together, double the amount of peanut butter & Nutella and fill mold all the way. I just think the layers are fun!