Image Map

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

lost


It's been a little quiet around here. I wish I could say it's because I have been so busy with fun and inspiring activities...but I can't.

If I'm being honest with you guys, it's because I have been feeling a little low lately. It may have something to do with it being dark at 5pm, the carb binge I have been on/lack of exercise, or the fact that my heater isn't working and I can constantly see my own breath inside my house. Those things may be contributing, but bottom line is that I have been feeling a little (or a lot) lost.

I have just been having such a hard time motivating myself lately. On my days off, I have found myself spending a large majority of the day in pajamas. Which feels great at first, but around 4 it starts to get dark and I realize I have totally wasted the day. Because of this unmotivated attitude, this blog has been ignored. I used to feel guilty after not posting for a few days...but I haven't recently, and I hate it.

After graduating college in the spring, I have been struggling to find a new direction to take. I enjoyed studying psychology, but now I'm wondering what to do with my degree. I always saw myself as a somewhat creative person, and I'm a little scared to start a career behind a desk. I know it's time for me to grow up, use my degree and get going...but ahhhhh.

Anyway, if you've read this thanks. I think I just need a change of some kind (probably in the job area...) but I'm scared because there are a lot of things I love about my life, that I don't want to change. Taking a new job possibly means leaving Bellingham, which I'm not quite ready to do. Almost, but not quite. And I definitely don't want to move without Tommy.

Bottom line is thanks for hanging in there with me, blogging friends.

6 comments:

  1. Oh friend I have SO been there. Actually I think most people have. I'm sure that doesn't help things right now, but know things will get better one way or another.

    Have you thought about grad school? I also studied psych in undergrad and realized that the best option for me was to go to grad school. Have you thought about that? I totally recommend OT for creative people who want to help others. ;)

    Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammy! You reply means a lot. I definitely have given grad school some thought, and I will probably end up going back to school. I guess I feel like I need to get more experience in the social service field before I start applying. I will definitely be giving OT some consideration though!

      Delete
  2. Hey, I don't know you, but I live in Bellingham and found your blog. You are definitely not alone. I graduated in 2010 with my Elementary Education degree but have decided not to use it. I finally got a job here as a cashier which is definitely not my dream job but I hope to pursue my passions in my free time. and honestly by being unemployed, my sleep schedule has been way off. I go to sleep at 4am and get up at noon! eek. Hang in there. You will find your passions and figure out a direction. Don't worry about what other's think, don't compare yourself to others and do what you want to do. You will be fine. I just checked out a book from the library called Quarterlife Crisis. A lot of people go through it but not a lot of people talk about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It won't hurt to at least go for a job. You'll learn so much more about yourself in the process.

    kristen
    www.beholdthemetatron.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this time of year bums us all out a bit. I know I am not coping with the early darkness everyday. I feel like I should be in bed at 5pm every night because it's dark out. :( My body is so confused. It sounds like you need to take some time to reflect on your own life and figure out what you really want to do. :) I would just try to enjoy your December/the holidays and set some goals for yourself for the new year. I am having a Shabby Apple gift card giveaway on my blog, maybe you'll be luck and win that!! You should enter. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. i also got a psych degree and while i loved the field, i didn't know what i wanted to do for a job and ultimately ended up finding something totally unrelated. then about 7 years later i decided to go back to nursing school, and here i am today, a nurse. i love it (mostly) and want to be a psych nurse one day. that's always a thought for you.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.