Image Map

Friday, September 2, 2011

Tommy's Birthday

Yesterday was Tommy's 22nd birthday, and unfortunately our plans to go kayaking were derailed by the cloudy weather. Instead we spent the day eating and drinking delicious things. Which was just fine by me! I also received my camera in the mail a few weeks ago (Canon Xsi), so it gave me a chance to play around with it. Still in the process of learning how it works, but I'm lovin' it so far.

I had never made cinnamon rolls before, but I wanted to make something special for breakfast. They turned our pretty yummy if I do say so myself. Here is the recipe I used. I let them rise overnight in the fridge, and used a little nutmeg in the filling to spice it up. Is there anything better than cream cheese frosting? Nothing comes to mind.

We gave our bellies some time to recuperate, and headed to The Temple Bar for some wine, cocktails and some goodies to nibble on. The Temple Bar is one of my favorites in Bellingham; the decor is charming, the food is fantastic and the drinks are spot-on (although pricey). 


Tommy and I later went to Bayou on the Bay for more drinks and dinner. Bayou is a great place for some quality Cajun food in a casual atmosphere. On this particular visit we were those people who asked for a different table. Twice. The first was right in the middle, and the second had the worst blaring light on it. We felt like Larry David. But it paid off because we got a table with this beautiful light.

 Happy birthday my love! Thank you for being born.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! I appreciate each and every one.